Monday 3 August 2020

Turnip28 Tower of Power

So back at the start of the month (Gosh, that feels like a long time ago.) I stuck my toe into the #Turnip28 project that sprang up on twitter. I had no idea what was happening and the man behind it, Max FitzGerald was kind enough to give me some guidance before I started down the grubby garden path. One month later and things have changed, the masses have grown and they crave turnips apparently. If you're curious about what's going on, I strongly recommend checking out the #turnip28 on twitter and Instagram as it'll provide way more than I can describe. That said, here's a rundown of what a month got me in this strange and interesting community.




With the exception of the heads, which are carved off Perry Foot Knights, I had everything I needed in house. The Napoleonic stuff was something I'd picked up free with magazines or model box (I can't remember) so the only pay out was for the Perry knights which are an absolute bargain.


Once I'd finished the first lot, I stumbled on the old Empire War Wagon in the bowels of a bits box. Missing it's crew and wheels, I deemed it worthy of life with the turnip people as the focus point for what was growing into an odd little army.






Lots of mud and roots were the order of the day. LOTS of mud.





Presenting the Gleebland Wandering Garrison. For what little background has been published regarding Turnip28 (and it is some wonderfully creepy stuff) I see these guys temple guards. Except their house of worship, The Keep roams the land with sinister purpose, going where it pleases and calling it's retainers to follow.


I've another ten riflemen to build and perhaps some "favoured " elite troops to finish off the group. What will these guys do in the end? Don't know. What rules will The Keep use? Pass. What more does Turnip28 have in store for the future? No clue, but I'm having fun discovering the joys of building dirty models in short time frames and loving how they end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment