Saturday 15 August 2020

The Storm Breaks

 This week has been some great relief for some. The heat wave finally ended and in some epic fashion to be sure, but not only that, I was able to get into Firestorm Games for an actual GAME for the first time since March. Don't get me wrong, I've been luckier than most over the last few months and things are still far from right with the world, but I try to hold onto the little things as much as possible. This was one of the little things and with Firestorms ample health & safety measures in place, it was time to return some support to a company that kept me supplied with paints and glue through the summer lockdown.

There really is something reassuring about sitting at a table, chatting absolute rubbish over a pint with friends and throwing some dice about. So here a few pictures from my return to Firestorm. The first proper Age of Sigmar game and my first game with the Goblins since the Warhamer World blew up.


Rhys' Ogres have always been a brilliantly painted army, looks like lockdown gave him time to add some new pets.




Although the pot didn't do much in the game I could see the potential it held. I need to get me a Loonshrine. (Or build one...)




The objective was a straight forward kill fest, but I would be happy to just take out some of the large beasties for big game hunting. My fault was picking on the 'ardest thing on the board first without whittling down a bit.









This fight did not end well...




In the end it took a bunch of Fanatics to kill the rampaging Thundertusk, but I got my revenge on the Stonehorn by way of the Goblin Shamans. A sneaky mortal wound finished it off at the last second. Rhys still took the win by scoring more wounds, but I was satisfied with my efforts. I'm still finding AoS a little hard to grasp only because it's not WFB. And that's the point, it's not WFB it's a different game and I need to get into that mind set. At the end of the day however, I still had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment