Monday 29 May 2017

The LOOOOONG Weekend

Evening folks... or morning? I really don't know. The bank holiday weekend has been a super busy one this time around. Thankfully it wasn't work based I've just been traveling around a lot.

So a few shout outs to the people that made my first bank holiday weekend off for about a YEAR a super memorable one. First up a big thanks to everyone at Swansea Comic and Gaming Con. I attended their first event last year and was only able to visit this year as a last minute decision. I was able to catch up with an old friend who was selling at the show, (Go check Kathryn's stuff out HERE) meet some awesome designers of wargames scenery (Check out that HERE) and pick up some swag for myself. Two other highlights for the day; and they come in the forms of Ed and Tom, collectively known as JOLLYBOAT. If you are in the area and you see these guys listed at an event I can't recommend them enough. Absolutely hilarious band and really friendly to talk to.
I know a lot of people were up in London for MCM this weekend, but for me, it was nice to relax and visit a smaller and friendly convention than fight my way through hoards of people in London. I will definitely be going back next year, possibly as a vendor if all goes well. What's more, this weekend allowed me to chat up a few creative types regarding the Age of Savagery,so hopefully I'll be seeing more of them in the future.

Now onto Sunday. It started early and by god did it end late. Though I avoid London like the plague in most situations there is one thing that will convince me to make the pilgrimage. The mighty IRON MAIDEN.





I don't think I need to say much more. The band were in top form as ever and the stage show was astounding. The aztec theme of the the new album was put to good use in the stage and has given me some cool ideas I want to work with. I'll see what forms out of the fever dreams as right now I'm running on fumes having only got back to the house around 5 in the morning. Well worth it though.

I don't usually give write ups to this degree on events as it all seems a bit personal where everything else is aimed at whatever project I working on, but as I've not posted much in the last week I thought I'd show some love to the people that have kept me preoccupied these last few days.

Work continues on my submission for Age of Savagery as well as some other project, but for now I'll play you out with something I picked up at the con from the very nice people at the Blotz table.


Don't ask me why I bought a tiny piano, nobody could stop me at the time if they tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment