Tuesday 30 August 2016

Orcish Kind of Magic!

Finally finished my sculpting project. This one was a joy to work on. but it took so much longer than I thought it would. As I've said in a previous post, it was great to try out sculpting faces and to actually grow mt skills. Sculpting large areas of cloth (especially free flowing) was something new as well.

So here's the Brute Shaman in all his glory from starting concept sketch to finished wizardry fiend.


And here's the finished product.


There are a few other bits and pieces that were sculpted along side this guy, but I'll be keeping them under wraps for now.

So, a year on from my original little goblin sculpt and now I've had 3 different people seek me out for actual sculpting work (You know who you are). This was never an avenue of work I thought I'd get into. I've always liked customising and converting miniatures for my own enjoyment, using spare parts and putty as filler. Eventually I started sculpting more advanced stuff like chain mail and armour plates, but always over someone else's work. I suppose this would have been the logical next step but I'm shocked at how quickly this all came about. Having said all that, I would like to thank ALL of my clients over the years for keeping me passionate about my art and providing me both with opportunity and desire to branch out into new things

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment