Tuesday 2 July 2019

Get In Line MAGGOT!!!!

OK I'll admit that over the years I've made some poor choices. I decided an iphone was a sound investment, I went drinking on a work night thinking I'd be fine, I listened to my Dad for directions, but my newest regret? Imperial Guard.

Why did I do this to myself? I've always liked the Guard in 40k. The lowly human trooper with nothing but a rifle and a LOT of luck hoping to survive ten more minutes against the horrors of the galaxy, it speaks to me. Contrast paints and Atlantic Wargames provided me with the products to get a Guard Army up and running in a short space of time, but there were two factors I forgot about.

1. Guard armies (even a small one) use loads of infantry all dressed the same, and mostly posed the same. Nothing like my Ork or Chaos armies....or any army I've done in the past.

2. I'm way too picky to let details go unfinished, so what was a simple "slap some contrast on it" job is now a "don't forget the eyes and lenses" job.

As it stands I'm almost done with the first wave so I'll use that as a decent stopping point. I've got a deadline for some LOTR stuff for next month, so I'll certainly enjoy the detox. For now, here's a WIP of the grunts. They're finished except for the bases and I still have a few weapon teams and officers to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment