Monday 14 January 2019

STOMPA!!!!!!!

Before Xmas, I dropped a few (not) subtle hints to my partner that I would like (desperately wanted because I'm a massive child) a giant, stompy robot for Xmas and then proceeded to direct her attention to the Ork Stompa. Initially she laughed me out of the room, but come Boxing Day and the traditional visit to the In-Laws, I lucked out and unwrapped my new painting project for January. So after finishing the the Elves for LOTR I felt this to be an adequate palette cleanser.

It took me days to build on-and-off and it will likely take me until the end of the month to finish painting, but I am certainly looking forward to getting on the table to cause some terror to my regular opponents. One has already declared a trophy hunt so I've got that coming my way.



For ease of painting, storage and transport, I've magnetized a lot of the components. Both arms, the head, all the rockets and the smoke stacks are magnetized. For the arms I see this making transpor and painting especially, a much easier task.



Wouldn't be me if afew fiddly additions weren't included. Whilst the Stompa kit includes a commander and a few grots, I fancied something a little different. The kit commander was swapped just because I like this guys hat.


Finally a little stability for the big guy, I wanted to fit him with a base. I also feel it gives a bit more of a diorama look to the finished piece, but an extra inch of height to keep him head and shoulders above the other stompas doesn't hurt.




2 comments:

  1. Stompa is coming along nicely! The metal crew should be a good addition.

    I told myself I would get one of these when I finished my baneblade, and that was nine years ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made myself soooo many promises like that XD This one has ended up jumping the queue for.

      Delete