Friday 10 February 2017

These Are the Days of High Adventure

As hinted at in a previous post, I've begun working on a new comic idea. New Wasteland Fairy Tales will still be a prominent part of my work in the future, but I just fancied drawing something a bit different. After the masses of Sci-Fi and post-apocalypse themed stuff that I've been doing over the last few months I decided to have a bit of a detox and try some thing else.

The Dwarves have been a great distraction, but I think it's time I put myself back into drawing comics, especially with so many cons coming up this year it would be a shame not to have something new. So here are a few rough sketches of what I've been working on. The story is still pretty fluid a t this point, but I'm happy with the world and characters I've designed so far. Let me know what you think.



I, like most people of sound mind, am a massive fan of the original Conan movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger as the sword swinging, cult smashing, camel punching barbarian himself. So naturally I have always wanted to do something along those lines. The beauty of these stories is the world is pretty open ended which is why all those old comics and movies set in generic fantasy lands were so absurd. You didn't need much plot beyond "Evil Wizard/Warlord/King/Camel Enthusiast is causing problems. send suitable heroes to go sort it out." Add monsters and evil henchmen, maybe an ancient god for extra drama and you're away. As I have told people in the past, I am not a writter be craft so my stories in terms of plot are pretty basic, but I want to draw some kick-ass fight scenes with swords rather than robots.


No comments:

Post a Comment