Wednesday 8 February 2017

Hi Ho Hi Ho, It's Off to Work We Go

First up, let's get my excuses out of the way. The reasons behind my lack of posts this week is largely down to two things. First I've been redecorating the spare room, so it could be argued that I am still painting and modeling. ( year I don't buy it either) The second excuse is I've been playing with Twitter. Yes, that's right, your humble goblin themed technophobe has taken another step into the 21st Cenutry and my goodness what a time sink that is. Not the actual set up or managing of the Twitter, but the scrolling through tweets from everyone and everything on planet earth. I've have picked more useless facts and seen more inexplicable memes in the last 24 hours than I had in the last 6 months.

So, on that note, if you're on twitter be sure to follow me @davepowellart and if you aren't on the twitter.... join us....

And now back to our regular programming. Besides the DIY I have still found time to work on the dwarf sculpts on and off. Pleased to say that they are coming along nicely. I'm really pleased with everything so far and I'm looking forward to adding the beards to finish them off. Right now I working on the sleeves and then going back over waists to add pouches and bedrolls. I've decided to make these little fellows more of a band of expeditionaries. Traveling into uncharted or lost Dwarf Kingdoms armed, but not as militarily armoured as they would be in open war. Traveling light as everything they have is what they bring with them into hostile territories




Once again, Gimli is there for scale.










I've also been sketching out a new project that I've been thinking about for a while, but I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment