Monday 20 March 2023

Deff Metal Boyz

Once again, back painting some greenskins, this time a few Kruelboyz for Warcry. Unlike my hyper cartoony style for my retro 40K orks, these ladz have been given a bit more of a muted palette for a change.

I was somewhat intimidated by these models. Not sure if it was the style or the fact I didn't quite know how to go about getting the grungy scavenger look that I had in mind. I knew I wanted the big shields to be a focus point for the group so they would be done in a much more contrasting set of colours versus the more earthy tones of the orcs





I'm painting up a few characters and I need to finish off the sculpting for the hobgoblins, but so far this little band of savages has been rather enjoyable. There is a part of me that wants to build an AoS army, but so far I'm fighting that urge on the grounds I don't like Age of Sigmars current rules. Nothing against anyone who does, but I've tried a few times to get into it with my Goblins and I can't quite get excited about it. My buddy is eager to try and learn with his Khorne Deamons so maybe I'll give it another go sometime.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment