Thursday 17 December 2020

Creepy Crawlies

 Been surprisingly productive this week. I finished off my Atlantic Wargames Spiders and an extra piece to really spice things up.




The Giant Spider kits are absolutly wonderful, if a bit fiddly to put together with all the legs. That very minor gripe aside, SO much potential for conversions, a few cool extras for sci-fi spider critters, but my favourite little extras has to be the bound victims. I painted these up for Rangers of the Shadow Deep and the victims will really complete the table.

Finally, a model that has been collecting dust in a box since I bought it. From Bears Head Minis The Spider Hag. I got her as a cool alternative to what tends to be a running trend with "Sexy Spider Queen" types. I tried to paint the robes to look like collected webs and then painted the Hag in the same style as the spiders. In games she'll get a variety of uses, but for now I'm going to use here as a Spider Matriarch in the next Rangers game we play.







A final note on the real world. I know, for a lot of people this year, Xmas is going to be a bit of an odd affair. I'm grateful that my colleagues and I are covered by the furlough so for the first time in 7 years we won't be getting buried under the hospitality's equivalent of the D-Day landings that is endless Xmas bookings and catering to office Xmas parties. The missus, my housemate and I will be having a decent meal at least, making the best of things and without the added noise of the extended family. Rather looking forward to it. I hope you all are able to look after each other and I wish all the best to everyone this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment