Saturday 11 July 2020

Bits Box Heroes

With the house hold Battle Companies Campaign moving into its third week, I felt it would be cool build some hero models that matched the characters that were developing within the campaign. As a rule, I'll only create new models for those heroes that have gain advancements. That way it keeps my work load manageable and will give me an idea on how the hero should look going forward.

First up is these fine fellows. Before I got hold of them, these models were in a very sorry state; the Beregond model had lost his bow and right foot and the model in the center was missing his sword and had had his shield utterly mangled. So I broke out the hack saw and some green stuff and got to work. The 2 humans represent a General and a Warrior path, The Orc is on the Scout path. we discussed what my player had in mind for this guy and he's hoping to build him into an assassin type; the sort of Orc he can send off to claim objectives and murder lone enemies.



Next up, the Elven mage and the Orc Brute. The Elf used to be a Galadhrim Banner, but had been badly mauled by his previuos owner. The left arm and a chunk of the banner pole had been hacked off and his head was pretty scarred up too. Bring on a quick head transplant to bring him into line with his new High Elf brothers, some GS repairs to the staff and a newly sculpted arm revives this guy nicely. The Orc is a real Frankenstein piece. The main body is from a set of Orc minis I sculpted and got cast ages ago (not sure if the guy I sold them to is even still going) the arms are re sculpted over some Goblin arms I made with the weapon hand from a Gundabad Berserker. The Orc's head is also from a Gundy Berserker and his little friend is from the Mordor Troll kit....I think. In addition to the extra GS armour and muscles I gave the Orc some leather armour around the waist, similar to Uruk-hai scouts. This is just printer paper soften with PVA and then glued into place. It's basically papier-mache.


Here's a group shot ready to be painted. After the next game, I'll be  making a few of my own heroes if I can get some kills next game. More Goblin shenanigans!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment