Sunday 7 June 2020

Bored oh the Rings? NEVER

I've been working on these on and off since lockdown started and I'm pleased to have finished the Fellowship of the Ring.



Ok, sure I still have to finish the display base, but that's for another day.





Right now however, I'm re-reading the Two Towers and for the first time ever I feel the urge to paint a Rohan army. Up to now I've never had any desire as I found the colour schemes earthy and a bit dull, which is perfect for style and matches the movies wonderfully. The description for the people of Rohan in the book however speaks of glittering mail and shining spears, red and green shields, honestly this sounds like a much more interesting project.


So an hour, a couple of scraped knuckles and a fair bit of swearing later I've managed to salvage a bunch of battered riders from a job lot I had lying around. Most of the grunt work was getting the riders off the horses for ease of painting, cleaning and weapon repairs will be a much easier task.

No comments:

Post a Comment