Thursday 21 May 2020

Chugging Along

Not much to say this week. I finished of Aragorn and Boromir for the Fellowship. Just as a quick palette cleanser really. I forgot how much detail these first run LOTR models had. I'm kicking myself though as I only spotted the mold line on Aragorn once I'd started. Now it's there forever driving me nuts!

I also finished painting Nigel. He's the old man from my comic available from Deadstar Publishing and he's now available in resin from me.





I'm holding on to him at the moment as I want to sell him with his giant mechanized grand daughter, Beki. A friend his helping me out with that at the moment using a 3D sculpting tool. Due to Beki being largely made of geometric shapes and smooth surfaces, I thought computer sculpting may hold better results as trying the sculpt something like that and keep it symmetrical would be a nightmare for me.


Still, it's great to see progress during these times. On the topic of comics, I've painted 2 more pages for the upcoming Age of Savagery vol 2. I've no clue what the plan at the moment is with this during the current happenings, but here's a sneaky preview anyways.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment