Sunday 9 February 2020

Bad Loon Rising (again)

For the longest time now, I've tipped-toed around playing Age of Sigmar properly. That is to say, playing it on a regular basis rather than just buying stuff and never doing anything with the books. One caveat I always used to make was that if GW ever gave Goblins their own army book to bring them in line with the othe AoS races I'd give it a go. Well GW delivered on their end of the bargain, but I whiffed on mine.

Two of the people I used to play against regularly that still had WFB armies were still holding out for the same deal. One an Empire player, the other, Ogre Kingdoms. One night last year, we got into a drunken ramble about how the Ogres were the Red-Headed step child of AoS and they'd be fazed out along with Tomb Kings, Brettonia and the old school Empire and Dwarf stuff. (No one mentioned the elves) I was hopeful that this wouldn't be the case, but I was in a minority.

The very NEXT DAY! GW announces new books for Ogre Kingdoms and Cities of Sigmar. Now that We've all had a chance look over them and get a few real-life bits out of the way, My friends have taken the plunge. Rebasing and building new models to flesh out out models for a new era. Having already bumbled  into Warcry, I carried on with the Goblin paint scheme.

Eventually I dug out The Box. Yes the big ol' carry case that has remained unopened and unused since WFB 8th Edition was canned. Almost 5000pts of fully painted Goblin goodness was coming back into the world. I initially wanted to repaint it all, but after sitting down and comparing the new  models I had done with contrast paints and my older colour scheme, I decided there was no need. Rebased and given some TLC sure, but a complete re-paint would have been an unnecessary slog.

So here are the first rebased models from the old guard, along side some newer pieces. I'll be looking to get a game with them in a few weeks so I'll get that posted soon.




 


Also there's this giant ball of insanity!


No comments:

Post a Comment