Wednesday 13 March 2019

Time Away Does A Body Good

No post last week as I was on my holiday for the year. Every year I try and get away to refuel and recharge. Away from work and as far away from the possibility of getting called into work as well. So after a cheeky week away to Portugal and Spain (and lovely places they are too) it's time to get back to it.

First few submission for Age of Savagery Vol 2 have began to arrive. This bodes well in my mind and I can't wait to see what people bring to the table this time, already the suggestions and ideas I've had put to me over the last few months from interested people have been great fuel for getting the second volume underway. Here's a sneaky peek at what I've got coming up for my submission this time around.



For anyone interested in getting involved with Age of Savagery, you can find the submissions guide lines HERE. 

Whilst away I had a chance to get back to some sketching. Mainly due to having left my miniature painting case at home just to take a break. I loved some of the old Churches we visited around Lisbon that I started doodling a shrine city. No particular reason other than I like the way Lisbon was built up around the side of a hill with lots of winding streets and interesting architecture. In the end this became an experiment with chalk pencil and a severely dry black marker that finally gave up on life just as I finished.


I've also been reading Fall of Gondolin while away. A great read for any Tolkien fan and a shame to learn it will likely be the last book to ever come from the estate. That said it inspired an epic hero idea in my mind that lead to this group of Giant-slayers.


I was really happy with this one and it was even able to keep my niece and nephew entertained for a while when I was working on it. Something the rest of my family seemed eternally grateful for at the time.

That was my time away and what I got out of it artistically. Tomorrow it's back to work proper, I still have the Flash Gitz to finish and a few other projects on the horizon, so it's still a busy year a head.

No comments:

Post a Comment