Thursday 21 March 2019

Something Light

Following my return from my holidays it was time get back to work. The Six Nations Rugby wrapped up this weekend and I'm pleased to say that work was actually bearable. I owe thanks for this to the team I've been working with and should any of them actually see this: I'm in charge now, be afraid! MWHAHAHAHAA!

Now that's out of the way, Comics Carnival!
A small event for a lazy Sunday afternoon. come along and support some small press and indy talent if you're around Cardiff. Kev will be there with the Deadstar booth, once again calling for submissions for Age of Savagery Vol 2. (Seriously guys, share this around, it's going to be ace.) I'll hopefully be able to make a quick visit to the event myself, but work has me for most of the day, so we'll have to wait and see.

I've not been idle out of work either. (Kev will be happy) Work on New Wastelands' coloured pages continues and here's a WIP of one of my favourite panels from issue 1.

I've also decided to keep my sculpting skills sharp of late. Not sure what this will amount to yet, but for now I've taken to buying junk lots off eBay and fixing them up. I find it rather rewarding as it only takes a little time to replace missing arms or legs and these figures are good as new. Here's Gandalf the White whose steed was missing it's legs. A little rummage in the bits box and some putty work has made him whole again.
I'm in the middle of sculpting Legolas' missing arm on this next piece as well. I rather like this model, but I've no real use for it. As a result it'll likely get sold on, but I'm enjoying the practice all the same.

Until next week...

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for practice! Had done this more or less accidental with an old lot of Orcs and a Stone Troll, allthough my sculpting sadly is no good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep at it. There are plenty of cool tutorials about :)

      Delete