Wednesday 17 October 2018

Make Numenor Great

The new rules for Lord of the Rings has really spurred me on to finishing my Last Alliance themed army, Especially since Numenor got a massive boost and can still field High Elf allies without penalty. That said I've finished the Numenorean contingent (bar a few archers and a captain for later)



The King himself was a joy to paint. It's a model I've had bouncing around a box for years and never got around to doing anything with him until recently. So much character.




The Banner bearer was a happy accident as I'd lost the original spear he came with. A little work with the cutters and some greenstuff soon got him back in the ranks. I intended to paint a tree on the  banner, but due to how it's folded up, I'm a bit dubious how it'll turn out. I may go back to it another day.


So, as it's a Last Alliance army, that means I eventually have to paint some Elves. I've been dreading this part of the project. Hopefully I can get through this stage without committing too many painting sins as my Goblin nature starts kicking at the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment