Sunday 14 October 2018

If You Go Down To The Woods Today....

Well I'm back from Dragon Daze and after some refresh time and a LOT of tea, I'm slowly getting some hobby work done again. First off though, Dragon Daze!

Once again a HUGE thank you to everyone that helped organize the event and also to everyone that attended. The event helps raise money for charity as well and with this being their fifth event I'm glad to see it growing stronger every year. Kev and I were flying the Deadstar banners once more and it was great to meet new people and also catch up with some old friends. As before there were lots of cool costumes and plenty of new and interesting games.

One game that I hadn't seen before was The Woods by Oakbound Studio. I really liked what was on show; gorgeous Oldhammer style minis, a dark folk lore and a gorgeous hard back rulebook. (I'm a sucker for such things) Geoff who showed me what was on offer regarding upcoming models and the current publishing was great to talk to. As an indy publisher myself, it does my little black heart glad to see that inspiration and talent is still thriving and that I can always find something new at shows like this.

On that note, I sold the Troll sculpt! I had intended to cast up the chunky bugger and sell him on myself, but with no game of my own or a time frame that aloud me to attend many shows, it was always going to be a lucky sale at "bring&buy" or Wargames Con, but I'm happy to announce that he now has a permanent home with Oakbound. Turns out the big fella has a look that  Geoff was planning for his next expansion for The Woods. We had a chat and now he'll be terrorizing Celtic shepherds or stomping on pixies as any good troll should. I'll keep you posted regarding his new career.

I've also been scribbling away at some concept art for Four A Miniatures, an old favourite as Andy is responsible for supplying me more Goblins than I have time to paint. I'll keep you posted on that little project as it develops, but for now Andy's staying hush hush about it. ;)

That's all for now more pictures next time I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment