Monday 24 September 2018

The Next Great Thing

For the past week I've been working hard with Kev at Deadstar Publishing to get ready for Cardiff Film and Comic Con. The event has come and gone and an enjoyable weekend out it was. We were accompanied by Cat and Lynx this weekend, (aka C L Raven) a horror writing duo that were sharing the table with us, thanks to them and all the people involved in making the two day event fun. My next convention will be Dragon Daze in Newport on the 6th October so if I missed you at CFCC I'll hopefully catch you in Newport.

All that aside, I managed to finish painting some Numenoreans for Lord of the Rings. There's usually a small event held in January at my local so I'm planning ahead and trying to get an army built for the event.



These took a while to get done. Mostly due to my work schedule, but also because of trying to keep everything neat and clean. When I've painted LOTR armies in the past I've been able to get away with a little messiness due to them being evil armies or by being straight forward uniform, but these guys have a lot going on I found. The white tunic under the black over coat for example, then there's the tree symbol on the chest and the shields. Don't get me wrong these are not complaints. It's been a long time since I had to paint something that required some thought and careful brush work. I've a banner in the army to paint at some point and that means I'll need to paint a free hand flag of Numenor.

I've also been finishing off a secret project via commission which has taken up some time as well as starting another project for "real life" work.


Just some doodles at this stage, but it's fun to try something new. That's all for now. will have something new next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment