Monday 6 March 2017

The Next Big Thing!

Cardiff Comic Con is done for now and a great time was had by all. It was fun to see all my fellow trader buddies and con friends, both old and new. A big hanks to Kev over at Deadstar Publishing for sending people to my stall and I hope I repaid the favour, lord knows I tried.

As I promised, here are the final pieces that I've been working on the last week or so. It's always fun to work on a new project, but this one was particularly satisfying, especially to hear so much feedback from con attendees on the weekend plus various people involved in the creative industry of small press and indy publishing.



There is a very big reason why I was so pleased with the reseption of these pieces on the weekend as they heralded the next major project from myself and Deadstar Publishing. I have spent weeks drawing and scheming a barbarian fantasy world for next comic and now I've laid the ground work I want to open the world up to others. Between myself, Deadstar and various other contributors we will be creating an anthology of stories set in the savage world. I'm aiming for a September release date and will be taking submissions from writers, artist, poets, frankly anything that will go on the printed page. This will be a real collaborative effort of all involved as it will hopefully provide a few opportunities to people looking to get themselves into independent publishing as well building a career.

I will have all the important details, as well as the finalized brief for anyone interested in submitting work for the anthology later this week. For now, I'll just say thanks to everyone who stopped by the stand and can't wait to see you at my next attended event, Caerphilly Comic Con.

No comments:

Post a Comment