Thursday 9 March 2017

GRINNING LOON & DEADSTAR NEED YOU!!!!!

Attention all writers and artists! This is the call out to anyone interested in being involved in something cool. A project that I have been working on for some time now, building a world and a short narrative so that others may follow and expand upon. I've presented the idea to Deadstar Publishing, local indy publisher that I've worked with in the past and they are on board too, as are several collaborators who I was lucky enough to speak too over the weekend at Comic Con.

So, what is this master plan I hear you cry? I've built the ground work for a fantasy world and now I want writers and illustrators to fill it with stories, comics and art based on the original concepts. I've kept a lot of the world quite vague in places intentionally as I want other people to still have the freedom to expand on the brief and make awesome tales of heroism and villainy that are all set in the same world. Once everything is collected together my good buddy Kev over at Deadstar Publishing will get the whole anthology bound and printed and ready to hit the trade shows.

This will be a personal project that relies on submissions and I am not asking anyone to do something I'm not prepared to do myself. The artwork shown in my previous blog post are the first pages in an 8 page full colour story that will be part of the anthology. I will be submitting whatever concept and filler art we need to finish it off as well, but the dream is to have a professionally printed 80 page full colour collection of comics and written prose showcasing the talent of not only the indy crowd, but those creatives just stepping into the industry and looking to get their work out there and be part of something community driven. It is hard (and expensive) to self publish and get a full product ready to go, but a one off comic or short story where all the printing costs are covered and you will be able to carry it off to other shows yourself? That is something of a relief to a lot of people in my opinion. It certainly is to me. Which is why I'm putting this out there now.

Below is a link to the PDF of the final brief with all the relevant information for anyone wishing to be involved.

Age of Savagery Submission Call

All submissions need to be sent to ageofsavagery@deadstarpublishing.co.uk as well as any questions you may have. Kev and myself will answer these as soon as we are able.

 Thanks for listening to me ramble and I look forward to seeing everything that gets submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment