Friday 16 December 2022

WAAAGH! DA GOFFS

 I've put up a few pictures of these boys over the last few years or so as the project has developed. Now, at the close of the year I can show the army off in it's finished state. All 1500points of retro themed Orkish glory.

This Army was a blast to work on. It started a a fun little lockdown project to try and get through some of the lead pile, but it grew into a full fledged painting drive; leading to bigger conversions, multiple hand painted banners and then into making plans to build an army for each of the major clans (more on that next time). GW's points adjustments over the last year opened up space for more units and kept things interesting on the table top. The army runs slow, but hits like a train once it gets going and I can honestly say I'm not board of playing with it yet. But New Year and all that, I want to get the Snakebites on the table and play some games with them. For now, here's a boat load of pictures of my retro Goffs. ENJOY! 








The whole lot manages to fir in the one case as well, making transport and storage super easy. I'm aiming to do the same with each clan, complete with appropriate decorations.



Da Bosses, of course the 2nd edition Ghazzy was going to be in charge, how could I not use that adorable little tyrant. His paint job uses the 2ne Ed Ork Codex as reference as much as possible, eve featuring the squig hound and dead Dark Angel on the base. When I began the project, I was using the old Rogue Trader books to design the army composition, so the Dok had to be included, but since playing games, I struggle to build an Ork list without him. The Rocker was a fun extra and counts as a Waaagh! Banner in game.



No Goff army is complete with out a few 'ard cases to break heads, so plenty of Goff Nobz were going to make the list. Each of their banners is hand painted and no 2 banners have the same markings. It was a bit of a slog at times, but the results really make me smile.



Like the Nobz, the Megas all got the banner treatment. These guys do make me smile because of how small they look compared to the rest of the army. Even compared to the normal Nobz, these oldschool power armoured ladz have pretty skinny proportions.

The Dred was drafted in from my existing collection and given an upgraded paint job and a snzzy oldschool style banner. 


The Trak was a last minute addition as the GW points changes left me 100pts free in the list. I didn't fancy painting any more infantry or banners at the time so I added some high speed punch. In modern games it counts as a Scrapjet.


The Big Mek and the Wagons have done me proud in the games I've played, The Dred has usually got itself blasted in the first few turns, but when it does survive, it really does make a mess of my opponents.


The Storm Boyz were another last minute add on to the list. I needed more mobility in games, but wanted to keep within the Goffs themes. These guys were the obvious choice and tend to do quite well as rapid response in the later stages of games.

So there you have it. 1500pts of Retro Goff Orks were finished off this year. Alongside 1000pts of marines, that's 2 armies brought to completion in 2022. Pretty sure there was more.....



No comments:

Post a Comment