Tuesday 7 September 2021

More Waaagh! Than You Bargained For

Hello all, my it's been a while since I looked in on this place. Despite my absence from posting here I have still managed to get a fair bit of hobby. Either playing or painting, it's been pretty easy going up to now work wise. 

First to get shown off is the next stage of Retro Ork army. Following the early release of the new codex I dug out my oldhammer boar boys and set to work building a Snakebites contingent to run alongside the Goffs. Long term I'd love to have all six clans represented and run the whole army as freebooters, but that's a WAAAAAAY off yet. For now, here are the first few boys that were painted for proof of concept.

I'm going to paint up a few more of these lads to bulk up the numbers and see what I can do for a Retro style Hunta Rig for them to roll about the field with. Next is a Noc on Super Cyboar. He'll count as a Smasha Squig under the new rules.



Finally, the Squig Hog (Boar)  Boyz. I couldn't bring myself to chop up the riders too much to match the newer weapons and bioniks, bot the pigs were another story. The Boars were bought second hand and were in pretty rough shape when I got them. This meant that bioniks and major repairs were not only possible, they essential! The engine replacements for the back legs are Kromleck pieces and with a bit of clipping GS fit the piggies' rump perfectly. I may add one more boy in the future to round off the unit to 6 as it'll allow me the choice field one big mob or two smaller ones, but I'm all greened out right now.  





So my buddy's birthday is coming up and we're all getting together for some overnight warhammer. I've still a few bits for my AoS goblins to tart up ready, but we'll also be doing some Warcry too. With that in mind I think I'll paint something a little less green for now.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment