Tuesday 3 August 2021

2nd Ed Waaaaagh!!!

 Well it has been a while hasn't it? Really world has been a bit nutty of late, but I've still been hobbying and I can finally show off my efforts. In it's entirety (ahead of the new Ork Codex) My 2nd Edition Goff army led by Ghazkhull (The mini version)

2nd ED Ghazzy isn't too impressive compared to his new model, but I still the goofy lookin' git. I gave him a chain blade bayonet and a beefier bosspole to chunk him up a bit and then made him a display base if I ever fancy using him a BIG Ghazz rather than a generic Warboss.


The warband in full features 2 Gun wagons, a Dread, a Mek, a Dok, 5 Nobz to run along with the Boyz and some Mega Nobz to hang out with Ghazz.




I think as a long term project, I'm aiming to paint up a retro contingent of each clan to the same standard and size. If I ever want to field units outside of their clan then I'll run the army as Freebooters, but this will go a long way in helping to stop me getting bored painting too much of one colour scheme. It also helps build large numbers of boyz to a decent standard. The heart of every Clan will be a block of 20 boyz built from models across the range so it'll have a great and varied look in the end. As much as everything here was painted new, I kind of see this as a chance to update or repaint some elements of my existing army as well as get some new units done.



The Dred has been in my army for a long while, but I really wanted to get him into the retro project. All he needed was a little bit of an update to his paint work and a flashy 2nd Ed style banner and he fits in nicely


Not too sure what this Mek is armed with, but someone is going to find out the hard way.

By all accounts these are the weediest models in the army, but the idea of putting these down as Mega Nobz in current rules makes me giggle.
This was the toughest unit to paint. Don't know why, but the Nobz Mob just seemed like such a slog, even before I started the banners. I'm still really happy with the finished result though.



It wouldn't be a Goff army without a Goff Rokker!


So what's next? Well that swanky new Codex is on the horizon and if everyone else is getting those chunky new Squig riders, who am I to ignore such an invitation. Going with the same plans as before, I'll play about with an army list using the old books for fun and see what I like, but I'll be building a Snakebite Clan this time. Complete with Pig riders, Cyboars and plenty odd boyz.

Until then, stay safe and I'll hopefully have something to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment