Wednesday 24 May 2023

A Sneaky Proof of Concept

 Following on from the Retro Snakebites and the Goffs before them, it's time for next stage of the great Oldhammer Ork project. This time I'm doing a Blood Axe Clan, something a risky choice currently as 40k is a few months from it's 10th Edition rules release and the sneaky tactics of the Blood Axes are unlikely to play too well during these early stages. That said, when have I ever worried about using sub-optimal armies. Here are a few pics of the first finished Orks and some Grots for good measure.






Once again, I'm limiting the pallet slightly so the Clans will all look like a single army when set up together, but the big change for these lads is the use of Blood Axe camo patterns. Nothing too in depth as this is going to appear on every model, including the vehicles, so I want to keep it as simple as possible.

I've got plenty more to work on before the army makes the table, but I hope to get at least a playable force done in time for 10th. For now, here are some work-in-progress shots of the Kommandos and the Warboss.







No comments:

Post a Comment