Monday 5 October 2020

More Mud and Roots

These are the next batch of #Turnip28 fiends. They'll be a second force to combat my already finished red coats, the Gleebland Wandering Garrison. At this rate, I'm aiming to have 2 playable forces painted in time for the eventual rules release. So here are the first few members of the Reekfield Grenadiers.
 



The pavises were a bit of a happy accident. I spent some time painting turnipy designs and heraldry in black ink, but when I added a wash of agrax shade, the ink started to bleed. Though I initially thought this was a disaster, the final effect looks really grimy and fits with the theme. The extra detail through out this force is the turnipy flur-de-lis (though some have likened the design more to the Welsh three feathers) 
 

I still have a few more to go, but here some WIP of the next batch. Looking forward to expanding these with some mutant levvy.



No comments:

Post a Comment