Wednesday 22 August 2018

Back From Bloodstock

Took a while, but I finally have a chance to sit down and write a bit. Despite having a well deserved holiday, the catch up period in work has been keeping me busy, but in the best way. So, how was my time away at Bloodstock? Pretty freakin' awesome!


To clarify, I HATE camping so going to a festival has never been on my list of things I've wanted to do, but I was convinced by those going with me that the "camping" side of things was a very small part of the experience. To their credit they were right and with the aid of an inflatable mattress (yes I am that determined to stay comfy) I was able to have many solid nights sleep the whole time I was there. Being well rested, fueled on booze and surrounded by metal heads I had a blast. The head liners put on a great show and so many bands made the week an event to remember.


 I spent as much time as I could spare in the New Blood Stage, checking out new bands and just trying grow my playlists. Music isn't something that gets covered on this blog as it tends to be something I have on in the background whilst doing other things. As a result, going to shows and listening to live music tends to pass me by. I am glad I had the opportunity to go to Bloodstock this year and I will certainly be attending in the future. Next year might be a stretch due to money, I will honour the memories. Whilst there, I saw so many cool battle vests; tons of unique badges and patches and plenty of art work alongside it. I was able to grab a few patches for myself towards the end of the weekend as well as cheap army vest from a stall there. I've plans now to build my own battle vest, but it wouldn't be mine unless I did something special. I've put together a few ideas for the back of the vest.


On the miniatures front, I've not a lot to show. But here's a WIP of the Grots for Kill Team. Hopefully get these done before the end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment